Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Special Guest - Megan Martin

Ha! I just called myself a special guest! :)

So, I'm reporting on the farmer's markets we've been frequenting as of late:

1. Pleasant Grove Promenade (Thursdays 4-8):
The first time we went, I thought it was super lame, but we went last week and it was much better. Now that harvest time is upon us, there were more produce stands, which I think makes a farmer's market great. They also had a crepe booth and a tamale/carne asada taco booth...mmmm.

2. Thanksgiving Point Farmer's Market (Fridays 3-7):
There were only a couple of produce booths at this one, but it does have some fun things to look at. Personally, I like to go to farmer's markets to get cheap produce, so I can't necessarily recommend this one. Also, no tamales. Boo.

3. South Jordan Farmer's Market (Saturdays 8-1):
We haven't been this year, but we hear that if you want produce, this is DEFINITELY the one to choose. It is sponsored by Utah Farm Bureau, after all. Basically the whole thing is produce and not so much artsy/craftsy stuff.

4. Provo Farmer's Market (Saturdays 8-2):
My favorite carne asada tacos are found here. This one is fun because they have live music the whole time. And they seem to attract more farmers from a larger region, so you do get a better selection of fresh produce. Lots and lots of organic stuff is available at this one.

5. Downtown SLC Farmer's Market (Tuesdays 4-8, Saturdays 8-1):
If you can get over hanging out in a sketchy part of town, this one is the largest in Utah. And I really like this one because there is SO much to see. I got some AMAZING produce there last year that I still think about...it really was that good.

Here's a link to all the farmer's markets in Utah if you want to check any others out while you're traversing the state:

2 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Woo hoo, Megan! That's awesome. Thanks for your help!

Jen Suman said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been wanting to know exactly the information you posted. I didn't want to drive to one of the further farmer's markets just to be disappointed. Question - I've been looking for a stand or farmer's market where I could find some good berries. Any suggestions? It seems like all the stands and markets around here have the same stuff - corn, tomatoes, peaches, apples. I would love to go to a farmer's market with a bit more variety.

Post a Comment