Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How to be Pantry Savvy - Enrichment

Our next Relief Society Enrichment will be held Tuesday, August 18th at 6:30 in the Multipurpose room.

It will be an insightful evening on making the most of what's in your food storage.

When it comes to the topic of food storage, I often feel overwhelmed. My mindset is that there is all this food to buy, obscure things that I never eat, then I have to figure out how to prepare it for use then to cook it. Gack!

When I look at my pantry/kitchen cabinets, I know what to do with it all and I use it all the time. So I need to change my mindset: Food storage is just an extension of my pantry.
Tammy Hulse will show us how to build food storage around the meals we normally make so that we don't end up with shelves of stuff we'll never touch. She'll also share tips for preserving food and doing so safely, as well as ideas for making food storage meals more convenient like using freezer or bag meals.

So join us as we learn How to be Pantry Savvy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment