Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Junior High school days have begun!! -Brigitte Thorne

I can not believe that summer is already over! Time flies by....
My little miss Kaylee Susannah Thorne is starting 7TH GRADE tomorrow, at the PG Junior High. Jr. High is a whole new world.....

The Junior high is a BIG step up from elementary school. Not only do you have many different classes and a locker but Utah has a different set up than what I did growing up. Junior high consists of 7th,8th, 9th graders.

* Tomorrow is 7th grade day: only the 7th graders attend school the whole day! Then only the 8th and 9th graders only, then Friday- all grades go together. I think this is a great idea- everyone there on this day is "new"- and will be learning together.

* They have A days and B days. Each day is 4 classes long- and they alternate days. For example, if they have math on their A days, and have homework, they do not return to that class for 2 days. Gives them some extra time to finish homework, and they get more classes finished by the time they are seniors in high school.

*They get out of school at 2:30PM- putting them home at 3:00PM. Sooo much better than 4:00PM when she got home off the bus from elementary school.

*They have classes throughout the WHOLE school. When I was in middle school, we had a 6th, 7th, and 8th grade halls- your locker and classes were mostly in those halls. That made it a lot easier to find your way. It may take her some time to find her way around and discover the quickest route to each of her classes.

* You MAY NOT take any back packs to class- those are only allowed to carry your books to and from school. If you bring it to a class, it will be taken away.
(What is the world coming to these days?? honestly...)

Their school mascot is the VIKINGS!! Blue and white-

1 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Brigitte is our new Junior High Correspondent.
Thanks!!!

I'm always so out of the loop when it comes to Mount Mahogany news, I guess I'll do in a pinch.

Now, I just need someone to cover the high school.

Post a Comment