Thursday, August 13, 2009

I saw Once on this Island

Tonight, I went to the production of Once on this Island.
Here is Lisa's cast bio:
Lisa is talented and has a beautiful voice. Her performance tonight absolutely blew me away. She was amazing!! Such power and emotion. A powerhouse during the song "Pray"

I felt her character's emotions: joy for a child, love for her husband, concern for her hubbie's safety, frustration with her daughter, unconditional and everpresent love for her daughter, and her sorrow and pain. My emotions seldom are engaged, when watching a play/movie/musical, so this was a roller coaster ride for me. One that I would ride again.

My favorite number of the musical was when TiMoune encounters the goddess Asaka, who tells her not to fear, as the Earth will give her everything she needs on her journey to Daniel ("Mama Will Provide"). There were "frogs" that hopped around flicking their tongues. It was funny! The Goddess Asaka was played by Kate Daly -I think Jake and I saw her perform previously as Kate in the Taming of the Shrew at the Hale Center Theatre.

The last performances are Friday and Saturday.
It's worth it!
**You may want to bring tissue**
Time: 7:30
Place: Lehi High School, auditorium (South Parking lot)
Cost: $8 Adults
$6 Seniors and Children & under 12.
$30 for a family (up to 7 people in an immediate family)

0 comments:

Post a Comment