I have only completed one sewing project involving clothing. Sewing clothes is not my forte. For my recital costume, I arranged to have someone make it for me, so it would fit and not fall apart while I was on stage. But due to unforeseen circumstances she was unable to do it. I was desperate to find someone who could do it and quickly, plus inexpensively.
I called around to the various fabric stores to get a list of seamstresses. (Joann will not give a list) I hit pay dirt at Hancocks when they gave me the name and number of Melody Penrod.
I left a message and she returned my call the same day. At that time, she scheduled a time to stop by my home to give me a free estimate of the project. She arrived ahead of schedule, and was very quick and efficient. She took my measurements, gave me a price ($25), and a date of completion.
First, I was pleased with the price. My previous inquires resulted in prices between $75-125, or $15 per hour. My initial seamstress was going to charge me $75, which I was willing to pay to save my time and sanity. I practically danced a jig when she said it would only be $25. Woo hoo!
Second, she completed the dress a few days prior to the completion date, which allowed time for a fitting and readjustments (necessary due to a miscommunication on my part.). She brought the dress back the very next day, completed. A perfect fit. So that's what it's like to have some thing tailored to you body.
I'm so please with her services that I've already planned what clothing projects I'll have her do next: aloha shirts for the family, skirts, and another dress. I am so excited!
If you are in need of a seamstress for mending, tailoring or sewing a complete outfit, I recommend:
Melody Penrod
(801) 687-1011
melody.penrod@yahoo.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment