Friday, October 9, 2009

Pleasant Grove Boulevard & Proctor Lane/1300 West

It's an unsafe intersection. Janae was in an accident there which totaled her car. There was another accident there this week. Several of you have mentioned that you go around to avoid it. I was in an almost accident again last week.

After the suggestion of others in our community to start a petition, I thought I'd give the city a call to find out what can be done about getting a light at an intersection. At first, I got the run around. They told me to talk to the police, who told me to talk to UDOT, who told me to talk to the City's traffic engineer. I call the city and ask for the traffic engineer. The WHO? Goodness!! Then they forward me to the City Engineer, Degan Lewis. I left a message.

Today, he called me back. There isn't money in the budget for a traffic signal, it costs $3000-$5000, or a traffic study - $2500. The City was hoping that with the opening of the new road leading into American Fork the traffic on PG Blvd would decrease. MR. Lewis feels that if there is any place in PG that needs a light that's the place.

So he has talked to a higher up to request that funds be obtained for the traffic study. He'll find out next week and let me know. For the traffic study, they set up counters, do occasional manual counting, among other things then review the data collected. The process takes a month.

I'm impressed. I didn't expect to get a call back. I certainly didn't think that anyone would really try to do anything about it. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Jill D. said...

Thanks! You are amazing! When one gets put in we will owe it all to you!

Rachel said...

I have never had a good feeling about that intersection, and we will always go around it. Thanks for your work on it.

Mrs. T said...

good job!! :) BUT.. dont think that just because they told u that they will do it.. believe me, ive had MANY run ins iwth city officials- u gotta stick with them. Good job though- ur awesome!!

Post a Comment